Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Lhasa Ex. Kathmandu
The city named “Lasha” is the administrative capital of China’s autonomous region of Tibet. It is lying at an altitude of 3650 meters above the sea level. Lhasa offers the beautiful views of unique houses, ancient and historical architectures, the ancient Potala Palace, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Jokhang Temple, Norbulunka etc to the travelers. The fascinating Life style and unique cultures of the local people of Lasha is worthy to explore for the visitors.
We have easy access to Lasha from Kathmandu as China Southwest Airlines provides us the direct flight to Lasha. Enjoying the exotic scenario across the snow capped Himalayas with heart touching views of the highest peak Mount Everest we can reach Gonggar Airport of Lasha just in one hour flight. All the immigrations and custom formalities at the Airport will be managed by our experienced Escorts. Then you will be taken to your night stay Hotel. It takes a two hour drive to cross about 93 km of distance in our coach to reach Hotel. Reaching Lasha, two more days will be dedicated for the sightseeing of the beautiful city and Barkhor. Doing this, it will be easier for you to adjust the climate and temperature as you are going to travel at high altitude region.
Then on the Third Day you will be moving towards your pilgrimage enjoying the views of beautiful settings of Tibetan Highlands and the Yarlung Tsangpo River. “Yamadwar” (Gate of heaven) is the beginning point of Kailash region. From here your foot walk begins. On reaching the holy Kailash Parbat, you will be taken to visit the sacred Mansarovar Lake lying about 15 meters below the Kailash. It takes three days to do the Kailash Circumambulation which is called “Kailash Kora” or “Kailash Parikrama” and that would be the end of the tour. Then you will be driven back to the Friendship Bridge from where you will have a bus ride back to Kathmandu. This is how our pilgrimage ends.
Kailash-The Mysterious Holy Peak; Mt. Kailash (6,714m) is one of the important pilgrimage destinations as it is believed to be the sacred abode of the gods and goddesses and the exact “Center of the entire Universe”. It is worshipped as the most sacred mountain of Asia by Hindu, Buddhist, Jains and Bonpo (Tibetan indigenous religion). The mountain is also famous for its unique four-faced appearance like that of a handle of a millstone. Buddhist symbol 'Swastika' at its southern part has added up to the holiness of this Mountain. Mt. Kailash is referred to as “Kang Rimpoche”, literally meaning 'a Sparkling Mass of Snow' by the Tibetan people. Hindu mythology relates this mountain to “Mt. Meru” or “Mt. Sumeru”. Ancient Hindu scriptures, describes Mt. Meru as a mountain lying in the Himalayan range with its four faces made of four different Jewels namely, gold, crystal, ruby and lapis lazuli. It is also the source to four prominent holy rivers namely, The Brahmaputra, The Ganges, The Indus and The Sutlej in Asia.
Manasarovar Lake; Situated at an elevation of 4580 meters Mansarovar is the most sacred Lake of Hindus. It is just 15 meters below the holy Kailash Parbat. Mansarovar literally means 'the consciousness of mind', as per Sanskrit Language. It is relatively circled lake which is so large that it takes full days for even the locals to circumambulate it whereas the adventure lovers may take 5-7 days for the same rotation. Mansarovar also holds an important religious space among the followers of Buddhism other than the Hindus. One dip into the cold water of this holy Lake is believed, to relinquish the soul of all its sins and physical body of diseases. Whereas drinking its water and rotating the lake with true devotion is similar to carving a straight path to heaven after death. Thus thousand of devotes come to visit this Lake with a belief to attain ultimate Salvation, an eternal escape from the chain of this mortal life. Many others also come to taka bath in the Lake with a belief that it will keep them youthful and strong forever. If you are also planning for the holy pilgrimage to Mount Kailash and Mansarovar then the Travel Company Monterosa is here at your service. Please join our trip to earn the greatest experience of pilgrimage for a lifetime memory. Here is our itinerary for this year.
Meeting point: Arrival day pickup from Kathmandu airport scheduled to your arrival timetable
- Total 53 km Kailash Parikrama / Kora/round, 38 km must be walk/trek from Yamdwar to Chongdo. There is no any car/bus and jeep service available. So, everybody should walk or ride horse. It is also possible to hire pony and local porter for 3 days.
- Age limit for enrolling Kailash tour is 12-65 year old for Indian passport holder. 12-60 year old people can only do Kora and 61-65 year old people can travel only up to Yamdwar. Although you don’t need any heath certificate from doctor but you need to be physically fit for Kailash and Mansarovar Tour.
- Your passport must have at least 6 months or more validation from travel date.
- Though popular as Shiva’s abode, we cannot see any temple of Lord Shiva but at Khojarnath there is the temple of Lord Ram, Sita & Laxman in Khojarnath. You can see Rashes Lake one the way.
- Hor - Chiu Gompa (Nearby Manasarovar Lake)- Darchen - Yamadwar - Darchen – Hor. Eco vehicle blue bus must be used compulsorily for travelling which can get from Nagri Tourism of Bureau in Darchen.
- We provide Pressure checking machine, Oxygen level checking machine, enough oxygen bottle, Mask-regulator, Altitude Gamo bag (Lifesaving chamber bag) & Medicine Dimox (Latitude medicine) for safe journey.
- Guests will be escorted to UNESCO heritage site for sightseeing.
- From Kathmandu, they take flight to Gonggar airport of Lhasa enjoying spectacular Mountain views.
- In Tibet, they will be taken to visit world’s famous monasteries and Potala palace.
- Historical cities of Tibet like Lhasa, Shigatse, and Saga will be explored by our guests.
- Driving via fine roadways we reach to Darchen from Lhasa.
- Dolma La /Dorma La 3636m is the highest pass throughout our Kailash Yatra.
- Exploring the sacred Mansarovar Lake, we round its 102 km periphery via blue bus.
- On the very first day, all Kailash Yatris will be taken to Arati Darshan in Pasupatinath temple with well known holy guide who can satisfy our pilgrims in both English and Hindi language about temple.
It was a long time ago when me and my friends had a lively conversation about Himalaya mountains and Nepal resulting in decision to go and explore the roof of the world ourselves. Last year I started to search plane tickets for Kathmandu and a company which could provide all service there. As usually I asked Mother Google for activities in Nepal and she found for me the Snowy Horizon.